عنوان مقاله [English]
This study has been undertaken to investigate into limiting molar conductivity, Walden product and subsequently association constants of some symmetrical uni-univalent alkali metal salts of lithium chloride, sodium chloride, potassium chloride, potassium bromide and potassium iodide in the mixed sucrose + water solvents ( 10 % and 20% weight percents) with concentration ranged covered from 0.004 up to 0.1 mol L-1 at 298.15 K. Data correlation and comparative studies was done using Fuoss-Justice , Debye-Huckel-Onsager (DHO), Bjerrum and Fuoss 1958 models. The results by DHO was not reasonable and led to negative values for association constants, Bjerrum model was not sensitive to distance parameter and led to the same result for potassium and the same for chloride salts, in the same manner but straightforwardly Fuoss 1958 led to the identical results for some cation and anion , whereas Fuoss- Justice model with remarkably dependency on distance model parameters agreed with experimental data excellently and the trend of association constants, limiting molar conductance and Walden product were concordant. Additionally the present study manifests the variability of Walden product and hydrodynamic radii for lithium and sodium iodide meaningfully.
1) R.A. Robinson, R.H. Stokes, Electrolyte Solutions, 2nd. rev. edn., Butterworths, London, 1970.
2) J.M.G. Barthel, H. Krienke, W. Kunz, Physical Chemistry of Electrolyte Solution, Vol. 5, Steinkopf, New York: Springer, 1998.
3) R.A. Robinson, R.H. Stokes, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 76 (1954) 1991.
4) J.M. Stokes, R.H. Stokes, J. Phys. Chem. 60 (1956) 217.
5) J.M. Stokes, R.H. Stokes, J. Phys. Chem. 62 (1958) 497.
6) R.M. Fuoss, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 80 (1958) 5059.
7) J.O’M. Bockris, A.K.N. Reddy, Modern Electrochemistry, 2ed. Vol. 1, 2000, Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers.
8) K. Zhuo, Y. Liu, H. Liu, J.Wang, Fluid Phase Equilibria 284 (2009) 50.
9) M. Bester-Rogac, R. Neueder, J. Barthel, J. Solution Chem. Vol. 28 (1999).